Invites Bachelor’s and Master's students and recent graduates of law faculties to participate in the selection competition for the Summer School:
The 2019 Summer School Programme:
- Judicial review models in US and Europe;
- Human rights restrictions standards;
- Covert surveillance and human Rights;
- Internet regulation and human Rights.
The participants of the Summer School will be introduced to the case law of the Constitutional Court of Georgia, as well as US Supreme Court, European Court of Human Rights and the Court of Justice of the European Union and will take part in the moot court sessions. The lectures will be conducted by the invited lecturers in English.
Lectures will be held at the Constitutional Court in Batumi. The Summer School participants will be provided with transportation and accommodation at Batumi Piazza Boutique Hotel.
The Summer School lectures will be conducted by:
- Péter Paczolay, Judge of the European Court of Human Rights and Honorary President of the Venice Commission;
- Lado Chanturia, Judge of the European Court of Human Rights;
- Richard Vogler, Professor, University of Sussex; UK;
- Nora Ni Loideain, Director of the Information Law and Policy Centre at the Institute for Advanced Legal Studies (IALS), School of Advanced Study, University of London; Affiliated Professor, Cambridge University, UK;
- Jason C DeSanto, Senior professor, Northwestern University School of Law, USA;
- Tamar Kaldani, State Inspector of Georgia;
- Davit Gabekhadze, Invited expert;
- Teimuraz Tughushi, Vice-President of the Constitutional Court of Georgia.
Upon the completion of the summer school course, the most successful graduates will be offered paid internships at the Constitutional Court of Georgia.
Applicants should be:
▪ Law students or recent graduates of the law faculties of Georgian Universities
▪ Fluent in English
Interested applicants should submit their CV and the motivation letter written in English (maximum 250 words) by Monday, 24 June, 18.00 p.m. to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to a written test (English language and Law) and an interview.
For additional information please contact
Constitutional Court of Georgia
Batumi, 16-18 M. Abashidze Str.
Tel: +995 (422 276164)
Mob: +995 (599 921479)